This Week's Farm Recipes

I meant to do this last week, so this will be 2 weeks worth of recipes.

This one is actually my dad's family recipe for the great Northeast traditional Succotash.
My dad get's the cranberry beans and corn from Calabrese Farms in Southwick, MA. He and the kids like to shuck them together. Often, it's just dad. He makes our family the vegetarian version.

I just realized I don't have the recipe. HA! I think it's sautéed garlic, add the beans and water, simmer for 40 mins, add corn kernels, simmer for 10 more. I know he likes to simmer it for quite some time. Season with salt & pepper. Butter is good but can be left out to be vegan. I'll get the "specifics."

---

Tomato sandwiches! I mean, the incredible heirloom tomatoes we get from Red Fire Farm are too good to throw in a sauce. So we just slice 'em up, and make sammies with a bit of mayo on wheat, toasted or not. If we want something a bit more filling, we'll add avocado and sprouts. We have eaten these practically daily (well, actually daily on vacation - yes, we brought the tomatoes on vacation). They are just summer in a sandwich.

---

Basil Pesto made with almonds - Oooh, fresh pesto is so good!

---

Late Summer Greens Saute - I tend to leave out the shallots, red pepper and butter - and they're still great no matter which greens I use, chard, any kale, collards...

---

Grilled portobello mushrooms avocado chimichurri - I use half (maybe more) cilantro, half (maybe less) parsley. 

---


Lentil Tortilla Soup - I left out the cayenne and cream. This is a new staple loved by all.

---

Grilled Eggplant Parmesan - Jim grills sweated eggplant rounds, I layer 'em with sauce and cheese, depending on the company. This came out really great with the homemade marinara I whipped up.

*edit: no need to sweat! That makes me happy.

---

Instant Pot Marinara - This is a keeper. It was so perfect.

---

Roasted Delicata Squash with maple dijon dressing - I didn't have a red onion, so I left it out. This was another dish everyone loved, OK the kids didn't.

---

I adapt this recipe to make what I call Green Stir Fry - I skip the sesame seeds, tofu and chili paste; I add bok choy and edamame. The whole family likes this one.

---

I have roasted, scooped and mashed the eggplant (the hard part) for this Baba Ganoush; I'll let you know how it turns out.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Down Time

I 💚 Farms